9.25.2013

Day After the Hospital

When we left the hospital I was given a script for steroids, a business card for the local multiple sclerosis society and was told to follow up with my doctor.  Yep that was it.  No information on multiple sclerosis...we left only with more and more questions.  After Scott dropped me off at home he went and had my script filled.  However, because I was so sick that evening I thought it was pointless to take something that was just going to come right back up.  So I figured the next morning was a perfect time to start.

I must admit that the day after the hospital was the foggiest for me to remember.  I think I ate a little something for breakfast so I could take my steroids.  Thankfully my Mom was there so she could help get the girls ready for their first day of school and make them breakfast.  We went out to take pictures before they got on the bus. And by we I mean my Mom took all the pictures and I say on the step.  But hey I was at home for their first day I was not still in the hospital.  Mom walked the girls to the bus and I went in for a nap.  That is pretty much what I did that day.  I ate little bits of food.  My tummy was still not quite right, but I knew I needed to eat.  Scott called throughout the day to check on me.   I am so thankful Mom was there.  There was no way I could have taken care of my girls or me by myself yet.  I needed get stronger.

I did do some Google research on multiple sclerosis.  And well basically learned how to spell it.  Hahaha.  I did not do too much research because well I kinda thought if I learned about it then it would be "real".  I was not ready for that.  I could not really even talk about having MS without crying.  I knew this would get easier, but I was not at that point yet.  So if I did not answer any of your calls or respond to your emails around this time I am very sorry.  So instead of doing research I decided it would be better to take a nap and get stronger.

I needed to get stronger, not exactly to take care of myself and my girls, but because I had an anniversary date for Saturday night!  We obviously had this set up long before I was sick.  I had a grand plan...My hubby and I had a hotel reserved downtown St. Louis, go for a nice dinner, go to the Rams/Packer football game, and then hit the town.  You see I am a Green Bay Packer fan and Scott is a Rams fan.  Okay clarification, I like the St. Louis Rams also...except when they play the Packers.  I have to root for my Packers then, after all being a Packer fan is in my blood!

So I have 2 days to get strong for my hot date night.  And as I proved before when I set my mind to something I can make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment