3.28.2017

Big Day Today...

So it has been a little over 2 years since I last posted something.  I wish there was a way to connect my thoughts to the computer because I have constantly thought about things to write but by the time I get around to actually doing it…well I get caught up in other things.  But a lot has happened since I first started this journey and I really want to share it.  So here it goes…

Well I will get into the changes I have gone thru a little bit later right now I want to talk about the changes that hopefully will be happening in the MS world today.

The MS world is eagerly waiting the approval for a new form of treatment Ocrevus.  This new medicine has been labeled as a “breakthrough” medicine.  According to the studies it has shown to help people with both RRMS and Primary Progressive MS.  So far, as far as I know, there is little if any medicine for people with PPMS.   So the approval for this med is great news for the MS world! Here is a link to an interview with Dr.Tim Coetze.  It is a little scientific but it shows how exciting and encouraging this new is for the future in the MS world.  Here is a link if you would like to read about the 5 Things You Should Know about the New MS Drug Ocrevus.  As with anything you research and read on the web please do your own research and cross references. 

As for me today I am constantly “hatching” the FDA’s webpage waiting and praying that this gets approved.  I must say the last time I refreshed the page I saw “March 28, 2017 – FDA approves new eczema drug Dupixent”.  Don’t get me wrong that is great news…just not the news I have been waiting for.  So for now I will be refreshing the page as often as I can so hopefully I will get a call into the doctor before the end of the day.  Fingers crossed!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment